6 Things About Indoor Air Pollution
Did you know that the Environmental Protection Agency lists indoor air pollution as one of the largest health hazards to humans? Considering we spend so much of our time indoors, it’s important that the air we’re breathing is clean and fresh. Want to know more about indoor air pollution? Here are six informative links from around the web to help you get started.
1. Did you know? Pure air is a mixture of 21% oxygen and 78% nitrogen. The remaining 1% is often a mixture of harmless elements and harmful pollutants.
2. What are pollutants exactly? The air we breathe includes many different elements, including dust, pollen, mold and chemical vapors. Pollutants can cause harm to humans.
3. Check out these 40 facts about indoor air pollution.
4. Many environmentalists are concerned about chlorofluorocarbons (CFCs), which are blamed for the greenhouse effect.
5. A scary fact: The EPA estimates that radon causes 21,000 lung cancer deaths per year in the United States.
6. In 2008, about 954,707 adults in Florida had asthma, which was about 10.2%.
Fortunately, there are lots of ways you can improve the quality of the air in your home. Get the help you need to remove indoor air pollution by contacting the professionals at Sea Coast Air Conditioning.